Wednesday, March 9, 2011

In this Moment

I smell the onions and peppers I'm cooking for fajita burritos.

I see Coop kicking his feet while sitting in his bouncy seat at my feet.

I have the evening sunlight reflecting off my computer screen and its warmth on my back.

I hear the evening news rambling on about the dire conditions of our world.

I know Coop is trying and succeeding at getting my attention with his cooing.

I have a hip high boy asking for hugs.

I am brushing the crumbs off my socks from a floor that is desperately needing to be swept.

I have bangs hanging in my eyes that would benefit from a bobby pin.

I am aware of trucks rumbling by and the neighbors dog barking.

I am content and enjoying every bit of it.

Catch you later dire world, time to sit with my family and have a diet Pepsi.

1 comment: