Monday, March 28, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

We all have them. Things we do when we think no one is looking. Or things we just can't live without. I have many of these, and I know you do, too!!! Don't deny it. Care to know a few of mine? Well, too bad, I'll tell you anyway.

The first, I am sure many of you know already.

I know what you're thinking....Big deal. Not to me. I am obsessed. Which is strange because I come from a strictly Coke family. Now I would never turn down a Coke if offered, but if I had the choice, HANDS DOWN, I would choose Pepsi. Or as I call it, holy nectar of the gods. What is embarrassing is how much nectar I actually drink. I'm not sure I would like to share this part with you. What I will tell you is that it's usually the first thing I drink everyday and always the last. And it's not hard to find me carrying around a vat of it from the gas station. Yep, I am one of those. One hand holding a four year old's hand, an arm through the car seat holding said vat at the end of it. I've been known to slap the counter when it's an exceptionally good one. I know, I know, it's bad for me. The pH is difficult for my body to process, the artificial sugars cause cancer, yada yada yada. I don't care. If it kills me, what a way to go.

Second, semi-sweet chocolate chips.

I buy them by the pound in the bulk section at Winco. I have many handfuls throughout the day. They also pair very well with my nectar and are usually the last thing I eat everyday. I am sure all the ladies out there completely relate to this one and all the men don't understand or care, so I'll leave it at that.

Next up, Days of our Lives.

This one I know you are all judging me on. That's OK, I forgive you. Now go check out how awesome this show is! I started watching it back in the day, about 14 years ago (BTW, when did I get old enough to say 14 years ago?) in the 7th grade. School got out at 2:50 and I would beat it for home and only miss the first ten minutes at most. I loved it. I thought Austin was oh so dreamy and he and Karie belonged together. Alas, by the 8th grade, it's time slot was moved to 2:00 and the love affair died. Fast forward a decade and Scott and I no longer have satellite. We now have a digital antenna and only get locals. So your daytime choices are soap operas or a courtroom drama. I tried to ignore it. Channel surfing through our six channels over and over, but I gave in and started watching again. What's funny is Scott enjoys it, too! (Don't tell him I told you this.) I hid it from him for a long time, but when Monday became Saturday for him, he caught me in my indulgence. Who wouldn't love a felon who gets plastic surgery to pose as an FBI agent to break up his marriage so a mobster can regain full custody of his kids? Or a woman falling in love with a man who stole her necklace to pay the PI to investigate his sister's death in a hit and run, who was best friends with fore mentioned woman, who was hit while investigating the attempted murder of the mobster because she felt indebted to him because he was her defense lawyer when she was framed for the Salem muggings which were actually committed by a PD detective while sleep walking? "That's good TV." right? (A quote from Friends, another great show, regarding Days of our Lives.) OK, you all think I'm crazy, but I am alright with that. I'll own it.

I could go on to tell you about how much I love coupons, craft blogs, and red peppers. But that wore me out. Maybe another day. Do you dare air your dirty laundry??

2 comments:

  1. And I thought you were so much more refined. Oh well. I watched a few Spanish "telenovelas" to work on my Spanish and it was always interesting explaining to someone else what was going on. You totally lost me in your narratives but that's okay, I know how they go. Once in one of mine a girl wanted to give her boyfriend mono so she took an ice cream cone from a girl with mono and served it to her boyfriend several hours later, still in the cone. Wouldn't you have to make it into a shake at that point?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO WAY!! Marc makes fun of me for eating plain semisweet chocolate chips right out of the bag. They are the best. I tell myself that they're healthy because of all the antioxidants, and the lower fat content. Then I can eat more without feeling guilty! :)

    ReplyDelete