Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hunter-ese

Most often only a mother can understand the individual dialect of their offspring. Children give enthralling ramblings with surrounding ears listening intently, directly followed by all eyes going straight to the mom for translation. Funny enough, I often look to others for translation of my own child and usually get a response. Apparently I missed class the day we mommies are installed with the urim and thummim. However I have been able to decode a few.

Noonl: noodle
Cheesy noonl: mac and cheese
Cheesy toast: grilled cheese
Rikrish: licorice
Poon: spoon
Kieboy: cowboy
Nining: Lightning McQueen
Wuie: Woody
Mooie: movie
Bumpfa: grandpa
Copfer: helicopter
Hairpain: airplane
Her it: hear it
Feener eener: finger in there
Puter: computer
Heepo: Robin Hood
Pink: yogurt or taffy
Orange: taffy or cheese or juice
Perper: purple (which is used to describe things that are brown)
Green: Scott's yellow Packers hat
Maid: lemonade
Pickles: mixed vegetables
Mote: remote (and yes, he knows which mote goes to which device)
Woowoo: sirens
Wears: underwear
Ambence: ambulance
Oh no: his pediatrician (sorry Dr. Jopling)
Te: tv
Booboos: boobs
Goosey: Goofey
Meeka: Uniqua (from the Backyardigians)
Yegs: legs
Phome: phone
Ah man: amen
Pear: prayer
Tinkle: Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
Bitsy: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Happy Know It: If You're Happy and You Know It
Abw: Abc's
Bapper: diaper
Ite: light
Kif it: ouch
Froggy hug: family hug

The unfortunate part is that I now speak his language. (As if I didn't have a hard enough time speaking English as it is.) I have embarrassed myself many times by using his words with outsiders. If at any time in future readings of my blogs you are unable to discern my language, please refer to this list.

4 comments:

  1. Kif it-for ouch as in kiss it? That is cute. My Bubba had his very own language that sounded nothing like English until he went to speech therapy pre-school. Apparently, several severe earaches in the first year of life will do that to a kid. Don't worry, now he never stops talking-making up for lost time and all, AND I understand every word (even when I wish I didn't)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kif it is for kiss it. The best part is how his dimple says hello when he says it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why does he know hwat boobs are and why is he talking about them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because he likes to beat on mine. Usually while I push the cart through Walmart. Their name came out while I was explaining that it hurts mommmy. Now they are a topic of great discussion for him. I try to teach him that he is only allowed to touch his own. We'll see how that goes come kindergarten. We are praying for no expulsions.

    ReplyDelete