Monday, August 22, 2011

And there is One More

I spend much time in these parts speaking of my wee boys. I don't think I've taken much time to mention my third not so wee boy. Here he is. My Scotters.

Although we started out a little more like this.

I give you permission to laugh at the cheesy background and pose. You may also laugh at our baby fat cheeks. I was all of 20, he not much better at 24.

Full of love and a false sense of reality, this was 7 years ago. A lifetime right? Ha, ok. No.

In those 7 years, we have had our fair share of fun. Countless jobs, college, 4 moves, 2 kids, 3 cars, health scares, and even a layoff or two.

What's funny is I am a passionate person and don't usually have a problem speaking my mind, but I have a hard time putting us into words. Just these few sentences here have made my heart nearly explode and brought tears to my eyes. It has made me pause because my fingers can't put forth-well what that response is all about. It all just becomes cliche. The classic words used to describe the relationship a couple share become hollow and meaningless.

I can give you this...however insignificant these words may seem... Maybe it will somewhat express how I feel and you may understand who he is. If not, that's ok, as long as I do.

At the end of the day, I love how we're just the right heights for my face to fit in his neck. That I never go to sleep without a hand on my hip. He doesn't say a word when I ask him to check the doors for the third time in a row. He works an extremely stressful job with ever changing hours. He knows just how to take care of me when I'm sick (including running to the pharmacy at 2am...again). And oh the way he looks at me with his puppy dog eyes.

He is my Scotters. Maybe that's why I don't speak about him much around here. He's mine and I selfishly don't want to share him.

No comments:

Post a Comment