Sunday, May 1, 2011

We Laugh All Day

After church, Hunter told us about a video he watched in primary. Here is just a part of our conversation:

Hunter: I watched a movie about Joseph Smiff.

Me: What did Mr. Joseph do?

Hunter: He stole the plates.

Me: No, Moroni told him where to go get them.

Hunter: Yeah, up on the hill.

Scott: How many times did Moroni come?

Hunter: FOOOOUR times! (said with his fingers and eyebrows up)

*********

Scott: Who came to see Joseph?

Hunter: I don't remember.

Scott: Heavenly Father and Jesus.

Hunter: Yeah, and they said, 'don't join none church.' They all said, 'I'm special, no I'm special. Join me! Join me!'

Later his primary teachers showed up at our door. They wanted to tell us about sharing time and how Hunter was the spotlight. Oh how I wish we were there. He was invited to stand at the microphone and answer questions from the other primary children. Apparently it was beyond hilarious. Only for the last few questions did his teachers think to pull out their phone and get some video. I am a firm believer in no electronics at church, but I am so glad they had theirs today. They are going to email the video to us. When we get it, if I can get it to upload, I will share it. We are told the events went something like this:

What's your favorite color?

Hunter: orange

What's your favorite cake?

Hunter: orange

What's your favorite frosting?

Hunter: orange

What's your favorite ice cream?

Hunter: orange

What's your other favorite ice cream?

Hunter: strawberry

What's your favorite fruit?

Hunter: orange (no, not oranges)

What's your favorite food?

Hunter: cottage cheese

Teacher: cottage cheese? (surprised he didn't answer oranges)

Hunter: yeah, it's good for you. I'll make it for you sometime.

What's your favorite movie?

Hunter: train movie (aka Mighty Machines)

What's your favorite TV show?

Hunter: train movie


I don't think this added much to the reverence.


Later over dinner....

Hunter: Karen, do you know what a squig says?

Karen: No

Hunter: (indiscernible sound)

Karen: What's a squig?

Hunter: It's like a fish that looks like an octopus.

Karen: Oh, you mean a squid!!!

*********
Scott: What do policemen do?

Hunter: Protect the restaurants and the stores....from tornadoes!

...if only.

*********

Scott: Hunter, you say a lot of things.

Hunter: Yeah. I have a mouth.

At bedtime....

Hunter: Daddy, you can read me a story because you are out of the potty.

During his prayer....

Hunter: I'm thankful for Cooper and for my baby brother.


I can't wait for what he will say tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Never a dull moment at your house, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, he is so cute! This made me smile today, thanks Hunter!

    ReplyDelete