Monday, March 22, 2010

Suck It In

Stepping on the scale is never fun. I psyche myself up each time. I play mind games, telling myself the it will be a much higher number than is at all reasonable. This makes me feel that I am making progress, even though the number doesn't really change.

This is no different than choosing to wear my size six jeans rather than my size eight even though when comparing them, my size sixes are a good inch bigger around. Ridiculous I know, but every woman out there knows what I am talking about.

Back to my point, even more ridiculous is that I have noticed lately that I suck my gut in when I step on the scale. I usually realize this when I step off and the gut reemerges. My subconscious is also very concerned about my weight. More importantly, I am sure it makes a good five pound difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment