Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Potty Mouth....

Usually when someone starts a new blog, their first post has some beautiful sentiment about how they are so excited and looking forward to sharing wonderful memories and anecdotes. I had thoughts of such things, but you never know when life is about to hit.

Anyone who has ever had, has, cared for, seen, or even heard a toddler, surely has stories they could regale you with for hours. If I may, I have one such tale today.

For some unknown reason, I had the bold idea to attempt to potty train my son, again. This has occurred many times over the last ten months. I have yet to learn my lesson so Hunter will surely continue to try and teach it to me. So there we went again, putting him in his 'wears' as he calls them and constantly asking if he needed to use the facilities. I even led him down the hall about every twenty minutes whether he thought he needed to or not. Maybe this is why he felt the need to punish me.

Whilst washing dishes, I noticed his hand down the back of his wears. I already knew the answer to my question. 'Bubba? Did you poop in your wears'?

We hurried down the hall to clean him up, all the while having yet another conversation about where such things belong and where they don't. I had no idea how poignant my discussion was. I was throwing the evidence in the washer when I heard, 'Mommy brush'. I asked, why? 'Teef dirty'. I looked and saw that there was something in his teeth. I thought it was bread from earlier and immediately went to retrieve it for him. (That's what moms do. Nose pickin, teeth pickin, booboo kissin, you know.) But what to my surprise? Not bread on my fingernail, you guessed it, poop. I melted.

Again, while brushing his teeth, we had the conversation about where such things go. (Yes I threw the toothbrush away.) While returning to my previous activities, I found yet another deposit. I located it with the best tool at my disposal, my bare foot.

Although this is not how I envisioned starting my blog, it has started in full Mommy fashion. I promise not all posts will be of such a nature, but I'm sure there will not be a shortage of them either. This is not the first time I've had poop in strange places. Maybe that will be another post for another day.

Thanks Chris, for the awesome title.

3 comments:

  1. That is an interesting story and now, Hunter knows that toothbrushes are exclusively for teeth! :) He's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, Ewww. That's awesome. Second of all, you're amazing for handling it so well. Finally, Yay! I'm so glad you have a blog. I'll link to you from our blog so I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited to be reading your blog! Thanks for letting me know about it.

    ReplyDelete