Thursday, August 20, 2009

God Smiles

Like most people, I too have been chewed up and spit out by the world more times than I can count. It seems lately that I have had more than my fair share of gnashing. And like any other warm blooded human, I go through all the emotions that accompany it. Anger, sadness, frustration, denial, scapegoating, etc. When I finally reach the bottom of my sorry pit, something always seems to happen. God smiles on me. I mean it. He really does. I've seen it with my very own eyes many times. For those of you who scoff, I give you this:



See? What did I tell you? I am sure many of you also see God's smile in your own way, but I am somewhat partial to this version.

This world has a funny way of discarding us. Forgetting us faster than we set foot into it. It continuously tells us that we are not smart enough, helpful enough, rich enough, thin enough, and so on. But I stand today to say that I am enough.

In no way am I claiming that this is the only reaction the Lord has to give me. There are many times that due to my perfectly imperfect nature, I also receive many others. One of my favorites is this:



I am ok with this. It also serves its purpose. It's just enough to help me realize that what I am doing is not greatly appreciated and I can quickly adjust. In the end, it doesn't take much for God to once again smile on me.

I would love to know the many ways in which God also smiles on you. Whether another loving child, a beautiful mountain view, or the sound of a special song. Whatever it may be, please share by leaving a comment. I could always use it to help God smile through me.

1 comment:

  1. God smiles on me by the minute through 2 little peoples whom you know very well. Isn't it amazing how much our lives change when we become mamas?

    ReplyDelete