Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Gas Stations

We give up many things when we become 'adults' (I still don't consider myself one) and even more as parents. I won't bore you with a list of things you already know. I am just missing some of my old freedom at the moment.

What I am longing for right now is going to the gas station. It sounds silly, right? I didn't realize or much less appreciate it at the time, but I miss going to the gas station. Many times, usually in late to wee hours, Scott and I would walk to the gas station. One of us would have a craving for this or that (0k, I would have a craving) and we would head out. Walk hand in hand. Slowly. With no purpose. Sometimes we'd talk, sometimes we were silent. It was fun. I miss it. I didn't realize I did until tonight. I would give just about anything to get up and walk the two blocks right about now...just about. I wouldn't give up the hugs. The laughter. Late night cuddles. Soggy secrets in my ear. Wet noses in my neck.

Someday we'll do it again. In about a decade or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment